2024 Program Details
What’s the Buzz? (ages 9-11) is a 16-week social skills enrichment program for 9-11 year olds on the Autism Spectrum that encourages children to think about how to get along with others and explore the benefits of developing new social skills.
This highly structured, role-play and play-based program is designed to teach children how to think socially and make friendship work. It connects young people and offers them the skills to belong.
What’s the Buzz? is delivered through direct teaching, role-play, quizzes and fun in the context of an encouraging group, and lead by skilled facilitators.
The lesson schedule is presented below:
- Lesson 1: meeting people and exiting
- Lesson 2: getting attention
- Lesson 3: following instructions
- Lesson 4: being friendly
- Lesson 5: competition, winning and losing
- Lesson 6: identifying feelings
- Lesson 7: feelings; the warning signs
- Lesson 8: feelings and thinking positively
- Lesson 9: feelings; ideas to create wellbeing
- Lesson 10: empathy, responding to others
- Lesson 11: handling worry
- Lesson 12: dealing with disappointment
- Lesson 13: responding to bullying behaviours
- Lesson 14: the connecting art of conversation
- Lesson 15: learning to ‘fit in’
- Lesson 16: giving and receiving compliments
You can find more information on the content of the program here
If you are interested in this program, please contact email@example.com or 0455 888 154.
What’s the Buzz? is written by Mark LeMessurier & Madhavi Nawana Parker.