2022 Program Details
Wednesday’s 5:00pm-6:00pm. Starts March 23rd, ends July 6th with 16 sessions in total.
Gold Foundation, 9-11 Carlisle St, Camden Park, SA, 5038
CLICK HERE for further details including how to enrol.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0455 888 154
What’s the Buzz? (ages 5-8) is a 16-week social skills enrichment program for primary students that encourages children to think about how to get along with others and explore the benefits of developing new social skills.
This highly structured, role-play and play-based program is designed to teach children how to think socially and make friendship work. The program engages children into feeling friendship together, it encourages them to see it, taste it, smell it and laugh with each other. It connects young people and offers them the skills to belong.
What’s the Buzz? is delivered through direct teaching, role-play, quizzes and fun in the context of an encouraging group.
The lesson schedule is presented below:
- Lesson 1: Meeting people and discovering differences!
- Lesson 2: Joining in
- Lesson 3: Sharing and taking turns
- Lesson 4: Cooperation
- Lesson 5: Waiting
- Lesson 6: Making it better
- Lesson 7: Winning and losing – ‘gracefully’
- Lesson 8: Fact or opinion: staying friendly over different ideas
- Lesson 9: working with feelings
- Lesson 10: angry feelings
- Lesson 11: building healthy bodies, happy minds and steady feelings
- Lesson 12: honesty – ‘telling the truth’
- Lesson 13: Saying, “No”
- Lesson 14: Empathy
- Lesson 15: Worry – knowing about it, and dealing with it
- Lesson 16: Time to say goodbye
You can find more information on the content of the program here
If you are interested in this program, please contact email@example.com or 0455 888 154.
What’s the Buzz? is written by Mark LeMessurier & Madhavi Nawana Parker.